What you eat, and how you eat it, is as important as the sadhana that you do.
Staples when I felt alert and physically stable.
- Kitchari mono diet removed menstrual cramps for months, but low dopamine reward food
- Processed foods, alliums, gums and careegenan correlated with bodily discomfort and mental dullness/irritation.
- Variety creates dopamine reward. Rotate staples, add surprises.
- Low carb and low sugar or intermittent fasting correlated to less mental/physical fluctuation/imbalance
- Dietary tonics for dietary adaptation: Triphala, soupy foods, select herbal teas and possibly “superfoods” like spirulina
How do you feel mentally and physically after your meals? How is your food affecting you?
wells in me
temporarily quelled by some sugary
but i’m still smoldering
how can I be content?
or burn so bright that
my desires are ashes in
the face of the light of
what I can be?
I thought of these things
called emotions… of never wanting to be like you
but convinced of social responsibility
I feel able to continue to persist
like this until I die.
but I’m not sure sometimes,
It feels like
I’m shaped by
the things you say and do-
when I talk to you
I’ve learned to change
how I act or RAGE in your face,
what you can’t control
neither could I,
give the world all I have to give
(Just wondering, was frustration just a product of mulling over things while some action on my truth was readily available?)